Saturday, April 28, 2007

SMBI Quartet Retreat

Some of you may be aware of this fact but for those of you who are not, VOP was asked to put together the SMBI Quartet Retreat which is scheduled for the last full weekend in Sept. For some odd reason I was delegated to doing the calling. We came up with the topics we wanted addressed and are trying to find people willing to talk about them. Anyone but us of course. It is very difficult to line things up when people won't return phone calls. I have contacted 10 people for this one topic and will be calling number 11 today. This same phenomenon occurs when trying to line up programs. It is very discouraging.

4 comments:

ITF said...

Why not you guys? I'd love to hear what you have to say.

I hate making calls too. I saw the ad in the Monitor, looks pretty interesting! I was getting worried about things not working out for me to come, but thankfully it looks like I'll be able to be there.

Glen Zehr said...

Well, Tom my man, my spur of the moment response is this. We are so involved in it, singing etc., that I felt like it would be better to have someone with more perspective. I say I because I don't know what the other guys would say.

Glen Zehr said...

By the way, glad it looks like you will be able to make it...

ITF said...

Yeah, I understand and I'd feel the same way!