Monday, April 23, 2007

My Day

I went to pick up my equipment purchases today. Several things happened to add excitement/anger to my day. Okay, that sounds rather strong lets say frustration. First I couldn't get the truck in reverse. It is an old Ford road tractor and the linkage is real loose. It is an interesting vehicle to drive to say the least. I left about 45 min. later then I was planning due to the reversing malfunction. I arrive at the farm about 1:15 and am greeted by no one. I spend an hour trying to find someone who will give me permission to run the tractor with a loader. It was a very nice John Deere 6300. I finally talked to some on the phone at 2:00 and they informed me they would be their in ten minuets. I got the impression they didn't really want me driving the tractor. I was loaded by 3:30 and hit the road. I was about an hour from home when a tire lost it's cap or the rubber casing. I manged to get roughly fifteen more miles out of the tire before it blew. I then found someone at a service station to put my spare on for the high price of $20. Took him about 10 min. I arrived home about 6:45. What a long day. I hate hauling equipment because I am always worrying about chains coming loose and items falling into the road or on top of some poor little Volvo....

No comments: