Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

What are your Easter traditions? Family gatherings, sunrise services, egg hunts, or nothing really.
Do you think God poured out His wrath on Jesus the day Jesus was crucified? This is a very prevalent teaching in some circles. Is this teaching based on the words Jesus screamed while hanging on the cross? My God my God why hast thou forsaken me. Was Jesus really forsaken? Was He all alone?
If God forsake His Son what kind of a God is He? It is hard for us to understand how Jesus was human and divine. I believe Jesus felt alone, forsaken, maybe even forgotten. I do not believe God poured out His wrath on Jesus. God does not pour out His wrath on His people. God is a God of mercy. True, their will be a judgement and if it were not for God's mercy we would all end up in hell. This is why I celebrate Easter...

No comments: