Sunday, April 01, 2007

Radio Advertising

Every week men are given a gift called Sunday. Every week this gift is wasted on things like yard work, running errands and loved ones. This week pick up the remote and watch the best bowlers in the league square off for a chance at greatness....
It appears to me that our culture is being slowly and almost imperceptibly being taught that laziness is something we as humans should strive for. Their is also the fact that church is something that isn't even worth mentioning. (Maybe that is a good thing. They didn't say Sunday's are wasted going to church.) I am somewhat surprised someone hasn't jumped up and down and screamed over adds such as this. Maybe the bowling league is so desperate for people's interest they have to glamorize it to an amazing extent to catch someones interest. Have you heard adds such as this about other products? Such as beer, wine, or glamorous vacations?
Disclaimer: I have paraphrased the add. I cannot remember the exact words but I believe I am fairly accurate in the intended meaning or gist of the add.

No comments: