Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Garbage Disposal

Upon moving into the farm house we discovered, much to my chagrin, that our kitchen sink seemed to have a much larger drain then we were used to. How did we discover this? Things started ending up in the knives of our disposal. Sippy cup lids for one example. Today after supper I was told that a piece of my wife's mixer had fallen into the jaws of this disposing machine. I had to detach this piece of equipment from the sink in order to work on it. I was able to retrieve the mixer part and the disposer is still working. This is not a job I like to do but I must admit the praise on receives after completing the task makes it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acch...so sad...you can get these nice little screened thingy's that you can put in that bigger hole to stop all those things from going down in there!! Don't ask me where...I just seen them at peoples houses!! Isn't it nice you didn't have to call a plumber!!

Meredith said...

Your post reminded me that we men are really rather simple beings. We will do amazing and unpleasant things in exchange for a little praise.