Wednesday, March 28, 2007

BONK!!!

For starters I could not figure out what this incredibly annoying noise was. This incessant clanging in my ear. Oh yes up I must get. To the barn I must go. I was pulling the crowd gate to the back of the holding pen BONK occurred. This crowd gate used to be electric. Had a motor on it which drives a pulley which had a piece of cable wrapped around it. The pulley would pull the gate forwards or backwards. However, this handy apparatus stopped working quite a few moons ago. So we rigged up a rope to pull it forwards and backwards. The end of the track has this metal bracket that was held in place by the cable. Now it is held in place by the rope. I welded a pulley on this bracket for the rope to run in. The rope runs in this pulley most of the time however this morning was not one of those times. The rope came off of the pulley the gate hit the bracket and it fell out of its proper place and cracked me soundly on the head. I holler, scream, utter unutterable epithets and hold my head in my hands. Then to top it off when I crawled onto the metal gate at the back of the holding pen to put the bracket back in its proper place I received quite an electrical jolt from a stray fence wire. This caused me great distress which I expressed by yelling loudly. These things always tend to happen early in the morning when my body is telling me it should be in bed. This morning I agreed with my body...

No comments: