Monday, March 26, 2007

Daily Activities

Today was rather busy with things not really pertaining to work. I did manage to get a few odds and ends down this morning before leaving for a memorial service. My great Uncle, Dallas Tester, passed away and the had a memorial service this morning. I would much rather go to a memorial service than a funeral...
After the memorial service I stopped at Lowe's and bought two trees. One was a Silver Maple and the other was a flowering Cherry tree of some sort. So, I planted those this evening after which I made a sand box for the kids. After this was finished I told Sierra I was thinking maybe we, her and I, could go on a date. She was overjoyed with this thought and promptly went and brushed her hair. We went to Altavista and found our selves sitting in Hardees. We had a fun evening. Girls are amazing, they just chatter on and on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great, man. I think that to remain "in touch" with our roots is a great thing. Planting trees, building a sandbox, and then going with your daughter on a date. I have found the same to be true with some of my students; the little girls want to chatter on and on. In fact, some of them seem to want to have this little "informing"/ out loud discussion time. Interesting for me to know how to respond to that.
-RS