Sunday, March 04, 2007

Delays And Stuff

The flight out of Lynchburg was a little bumpy. It felt I went over a knoll way to fast several times and we had to go back and find my stomach among the clouds. In Charlotte I changed airlines. The flight from LYH was US Express and my other flights were Delta. It took me almost as long to get to my new gate as it did to fly down to Charlotte. I didn't run but I sure was moving at a rapid clip. The flight from Charlotte to Cincinnati was nice all though we did experience some turbulence. Had a very nice steward. I got some coffee on this flight and he actually came back and wondered if I wanted another cup of coffee. I was pleasantly surprised. I landed at 2:20 and my flight to Akron was suppose to leave at 3:55. I wandered around trying to find something to eat. I finally settled on the great American fast food legend, McDonald's. I then sauntered back to my gate and settled down to wait. I spent most of my time reading but after while that became somewhat tedious so I put my book away and began to watch people. I always find this quite interesting. At 3:45 we were told our crew was late and our departure time was pushed back 15 min. About 15 min. later they pushed it back again. This continued for two hours. I am not kidding. We finally left the ground about 5:30. The crew was stuck in Richmond VA. They had weather issues as well as a maintenance problem. So we had to wait till they got their before we could leave. Sorry, I am not done yet. I landed at Akron and went in search of my luggage. (I had to check one bag due to size.) Well, this bag never showed up. Delta said they never checked it into their system in Charlotte. He then said this is nothing. Cincinnati is pretty good but Atlanta is terrible at not getting luggage onto the proper flight. He has had as many as 15 bags per flight not show up. I think they need a new system in Atlanta. Anyway, I am here and in spite of the problems I had a lovely day...

No comments: