Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Deception

I have been deceived. For the last two weeks or so I have been deceived. I have been living in a state of, I think the word would be, surprise since the truth has dawned on me. I was hopeful the truth would be truth. (Does that make sense?) Now that I have your attention I will tell you the boring details. Unless you are a farmer you will probably be tearful with boredom. The rye crop is really good. Not just good but really good. The neighboring farmer told me last night he has never seen a crop of rye this good. I looked at it all winter and wasn't overly impressed. I walked out in it and wasn't overly impressed. While I was gone last week it must of grew like crazy because now it is waist high, on me, and just pushing heads. It is thicker than hair on a dogs back. We start chopping today....

No comments: