Monday, November 12, 2007

Franklin Heights (Part II)

Singing at Franklin Heights was quite an experience. First, the sanctuary seats close to 1400 people. Huge place. Second, they had an amazing sound system. Wireless microphones. Was very nice to not be stepping on my cord all night long. Third, they had two large screens behind us and to the side. They then had us on these screens for the whole program/concert. Fourth, they dimmed the lights. That was a first. I didn't particularly care for this because I couldn't see the people in the audience very well. I enjoyed singing there and look forward to going back in the future.

4 comments:

ITF said...

The first time I ever sang on a spotlighted stage with the house lights dimmed was a barbershop contest, and I wasn't prepared! You couldn't see past the second row. It was weird. Like singing to a freight train.

Anonymous said...

No stage fright if you can't see anyone...???

When you coming to FL to sing?

Glen Zehr said...

No I wasn't frightened but it was very different.
Funny you should ask about FL. We are currently scheduled to sing at Palm Grove Mennonite in Sarasota in Feb. I forget the day though I will check and be sure to let you know...
Hold on
Okay, it Feb. 10 in the evening. We are working on some other churches for that weekend in FL. I will let you know what the others are.

Anonymous said...

well keep us posted and we will drive over. Is the family coming too and are you coming over?