Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Anne

Lately Anne has been a hot topic around our house. Tonight Sierra and I were doing a Light Brite creation in her closet and she was just a yammering away about her day and right in the middle of her stream of words and sentences she asked me if she was talking to much. This made me laugh. It sounded so much like Anne of Green Gables. We have this tape series which was done by Focus On The Family. The series covers the first book and is fairly accurate and is done quite well. The girls want to listen to it all the time and now they tend to throw Anne phrases around in normal conversation. The longer I heard the tapes the more I wanted to read the books. So I have started the series and was surprised how much of the story I had forgotten. Of course it has been ten years or more since I read them...
For our 10th anniversary we went to PEI and visited Green Gables, the Haunted Woods and a few other points of interest. This has made the books more interesting.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Isn't it rather amazing that the most famous person from Prince Edward Island wasn't even a real person. Yet there is a huge tourist industry built around her life. When we were there we saw dozens of tourists from Japan. I was told that Anne is very popular in Japan.