Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Tale Of The Serpent

Two days ago I noticed a nice long skin lying on top of the block wall of the other house. This made me a little uneasy but my soul was comforted when I remembered I had killed one earlier that was similar in length. However, deep in my trembling heart, I knew the length of the two was not a good match. Their must be another slippery critter in our midst. That same afternoon the young man who was framing in some basement windows glanced up at the floor joists. Wooptydodaday what did he see!? A serpent that was at least six foot long. This causes much distress and I was awake half the night, trying to figure out away to eliminate the snake from my future dwelling. Apparently I was not the only person who was thinking. The fellow working in the basement, Karlin, had a brilliant idea and we acted upon it. We took some old paper seed bags, tore them up and stuffed them into the block wall. Then we took cans of expandable foam insulation and filled the top of the blocks. This should seal the top of the walls and not allow them to sneak into our humble abode. The purpose of the paper was to hold the foam up until it hardened. I think we will have a very tight house by the time we are finished...

No comments: