Saturday, September 16, 2006

Silence

What is silence? Have you ever expierenced it? Is silence the total absence of sound? Or is silence the absence of noise? Is their a difference? When you are longing for peace and quite does that mean their is no sound?
I was lying on the couch this afternoon for slight siesta. The house was quiet except for the ticking of the clock. This reminded me of my grandaddy's house. The house is located in the middle of some huge oak trees. When the lights are off in the living room it tends to be rather dim. A nice quiet room, except for the ticking of the clock. If that clock wasn't ticking it would be a rather uncomfortable room. It would be to silent. Grandaddy's house would not be the same if that clock would be removed from the premises. So, when I am longing for peace and quiet I long for a room that makes me comfortable. A room with a ticking clock...

No comments: