Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ugh

Well things went well until we had boarded our plane in Raleigh. Jackson, Sierra, and I were together with Rachel, Kaiden, Aleya, and Jayden directly in front of us. The plane was extremely hot and Jackson was very nervous about the whole idea of flying. He kept telling Rachel he wanted to drive to Phoenix, poor kid. So, as I was saying, suddenly Jack has an upheaval in his stomach. I frantically try to catch what I can but I am completely late and have started moaning to my wife when another upheaval comes forth. This is much worse then the other and I am too late on the draw again. We stripn him down to his shorts, wrap him in blankets and land in Atlanta an hour later. We put fresh clothes on him and head for our new gate. We board the plane and everything is great. Jackson wants a snack and a drink. So I let him have a little. He keeps it down so we let him have some more. By then we are feeling quite comfortable about it. He falls asleep. Sometime later he starts moving around and here comes some more. All over the seat and his shirt. I want to yell at him, TELL ME WHEN YOUR GOING TO DO THAT... But I don't I mopped it up took his shirt off and went to ask the unhelpful steward for a blanket. (The first flight we had two very sweet and helpful grandmotherly types of people for our attendants, not this one...) So, this happened several more times but I was begining to be quite good at having the bag ready. You miss some you catch some. Well, we finally land in Tucson and due to the children and the nakedness of Jack we calmly sit and wait till everyone is off the plane before we start dragging our things together. We were just getting up and the steward said "Ok, lets get out of here...) I looked at him coldly and said "Son, our boy has been puking the whole trip and you have done nothing to help. Never asked how he is doing, nothing. Now you want to rush me off the plane... You need to lighten up." Ok Ok I didn't say that, I wanted to but I didn't. I did look at him coldly and, holding up a bag of puke, said "do you have a trash can?" He looked back just as coldly and said "There is one at the front of the plane." I couldn't believe it. So, imagine this. A three old boy straggling off the plane with a thin blue Delta Airlines blanket trailing behind him. A mother holding a five month old. A 8 yearold dragging a backpack. A five year old wanting to do something. Another 3 year old strolling along nonchalantly. And then Dad... Whewee, Dad has a large suitcase, another carryone, and the bag of puke. trying to make it off the plane... I was not happy.... They were extremely unhelpful on this last flight....
Now, I have been spending my day today sleeping and sitting in the bathroom... So, whatever he had it was more than a nervous twitch...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder about having kids.:) All part of it I guess. Alright Glen, I guess this post just put off my first born a few more months. HAHA Lauren

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but laugh at your story, even though of course I have great sympathy!:) You told it too well. Alisa