Friday, June 22, 2007

Death

This morning I discovered one of our kittens had died. This caused me some stress because I new I was going to be the one who would be breaking this tragic news to the girls. When I told Sierra her eyes got big and sad. I was waiting for long wailing sobs but they never came. She found the other kitty and consoled it for awhile. The girls came up with some very interesting questions. We buried the poor little creature under the pecan tree in the backyard. I said a brief prayer thanking God for allowing the girls to play with this kitty for a week or two. Later this afternoon Sierra wondered if I was going to bury her when she died. I said I would but I figured she would be burying me before I bury her. Aleya found some comfort in looking at the dead kitty which I found interesting. While she was doing this she asked many questions. Did the kitty go to heaven? How did he die? What happens when they die? And on and on the list goes. I hope she learned a little something about death and who God is. I never new a dead cat would prompt such questions.

No comments: