Tuesday, January 23, 2007

NFL Coaches

I was amazed this morning when I discovered the age of coaches in the NFL. As always coaches are being hired, fired, and quiting. The ones that are being hired, are you ready for this?, are younger than I am!!! I always thought these coaches were in their 50s but this is changing. The Oakland Raiders hired a young lad who is 31. The Pittsburg Steelers new coach is 34, I believe. These guys are my age and younger. How can they possibly be ready to coach in the NFL? Time will tell I am sure. I would not knowhow to handle these athletes that is for sure. I think I am just startled at the age of these fellows and the money they will be making...

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Glen,

The thing is, that 10 or 15 years ago you would have thought that a man who was 31 was an old man for sure! Wait until the President of the United States is younger than you are. Or when you get on the airplane and the pilot looks like the kid that was selling boy scout cookies at your door yesterday.

Glen Zehr said...

Scary isn't it???
Scaryon two fronts.
One they don't or can't possibly know what they are doing.
And two, I am suppose to know what I am doing because I am old and I don't know what I am doing if you know what I mean....

Meredith said...

my thoughts exactly.

As we get older the group who knows too little gets bigger and the group who thinks we know what we are doing grows as well.

Of course, when I was a teenager and Lyndon Johnson was President, I didn't think he knew what he was doing, especially in regards to Vietnam, because he was too old.

Weird isn't it. When we are teenagers we think the older people are out dated and out of touch. Then when we get older we think the younger ones are too inexperienced to possibly know what they are doing.

Maybe that is one reason why it is so powerful when an older man shows genuine interest in a teenager and they actually connect spiritually and emotionally across those barriers of perception.

Glen Zehr said...

Their is a lot of security to be found when that happens...
I believe it will affect our view of the Father.