Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Final Meeting

Tonight we had our last committee meeting so now it is all or nothing. You know how it is? You wonder if it the whole sale/auction will actually come off or happen. It has in the past and I assume it will this saturday. I have been chairmen of this planning committee for two years and I am amazed at how great these people are. Everyone has mutual respect for the other and everyone listens with sincerity. It has been a joy and a privilege to work these fine people. This is our last year on the committee and I will miss spending time with these hardworking people. I have been on some committees that I longed to be off of and was very relieved when my term was up. How often have you been glad your term was up?

2 comments:

Meredith said...

It happens, doesn't it? Basically, I don't like conflict, so if I am on a committee that has a member or two who isn't flexible and can't seem to hear and respond to the wishes of others, I get discouraged pretty fast and long for the day when I can get off. Is that being a coward? Should I be willing to fight with those who seem to enjoy contests of the will?

Merle

Glen Zehr said...

Good question... You are much wiser than I, how would you answer the question? I would say it depends whether it is something that needs to be "fought" over. I feel like a coward quite a bit.