Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wow

We met Joy, Kaiden's foster mom, at Heart Of Adoptions about 10:30 yesterday morning. I was shocked at how small Kaiden is. I must have been expecting something the size of Jay & Jack. Silly of me I know. But Kaiden is so little. Like a new born not 3 weeks old. Also, he is so good. Sierra fed him just before we left the agencyat 11:30 and, except for two squeeks he made no noise until we were at the hotel which was 4:30. Then last night he ate about 10:30 and slept till, I think it was 5, however, I can't remember. I do remember waking up at 2 and asking Rachel if he was okay. She told me she had just checked to make sure he was alive. He is something. Joy said he was like this but we were somewhat skeptical...
Sierra is in her glory. She is alwayas wanting to carry him everywhere. She is such a little mother. I think it is great. She is growing up.
The van... My van was towed to the mechanic to tune of $70, he went a block and a half. Must be good money in towing, at least in the city of Savannah. The mechanic towed it for me and he seems like a very honest man. He told me it would cost me $1800-$2000 to fix the transmission but he thought they may be able to change the oil and filter and it might get me home. This would cost me $100. So I told him to check it out. He also told me that if they drop the pan and find a bunch of metal shavings they won't fool with it. So, I think he is treating me fair. He could really take me for a ride if he wants to.

No comments: