Monday, September 15, 2008

Hmmm

Well, I am currently sittitng in a Double Tree Inn west of Tampa. They just ripped me off 10 bucks to use the high speed internet. Needless to say we won't be staying here tonight... Here is the big discouraging or annoying, or what is God doing news. We were on I 95 toolilng merryily along when we decided to switch drivers. (Rachel was driving while I ate.) After settling in the drivers seat I put it in gear. Nothing happened. I restarted the van, still nothing. After trying this method several times it started moving. So I sped up until I reached the high speed of 30 mph. After which the engine kept picking up speed and the wheels didn't. So I pulled over onto the shoulder. Thankfully we were at an exit and I rolled down the exit. The van started working again but was continually getting worse. We were able to limp into a GATE parking lot. I made a few phone calls and we decided the van is not worth me putting a new transmission in (It has 200000 miles on it). We took a taxi to the Savannah Int. Airport and rented a car. So, we finally got to our motel at 3:00 this morning. We are leaving here in about 30 minutes to find a bank. Then we pick up the baby. Then we figure out what happens next....

No comments: