Monday, January 30, 2006

Needs Part II

I do not know if this will narrow the topic down or not. Should we tell people we have needs or hope they ask. I do not share my needs unless I am sure the other person wants to know what my needs are. Of course, if the person really wants to know they will ask. Is it proper to share our needs/struggles in a church setting? I believe part of my hesitation is fear of rejection. If people really knew who I am they would have nothing to do with me.... Is accountability a part of meeting needs? What is a need?

2 comments:

Tim Rice said...

Some words, some situations can't be fully defined. I think "needs" are one of those words, one of those situations. But when we're confronted with one those situations, we usually know whether the word fits or not.

Of course, sometimes we use the word "need" when what we really mean is "want" just like we often use the word "love" when what we really mean is "like".

ry said...

"I do not share my needs unless I am sure the other person wants to know what my needs are. Of course, if the person really wants to know they will ask."
that's me to a T. not to mention peacefullady's comment abt mennos thinking their needs are selfish.

so, dunno what the answer is
cause i sure havent figured it out