Friday, January 06, 2006

Birth Order

I was thinking the other day about the birth order in my family. I have not studied birth order tendencies very much but I do know that second born children tend to react to life differently then first born children. Rachel and I are both second born children. She is the second girl and I am the second boy. Now here is the birth order of my children.
Sierra is the first born daughter. This sounds very simple.
Aleya is our second daughter. However, she is a first born child in her birth family.
Jayden is our first son and third child. However, he is the first born son and second child in his birth family.
Jackson is our second son and fourth child. However, he is the third child and second son in his birth family. How does this work? Sounds very complicated to me. Are these traits based more on environment then anything else?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Paul. We have five children.Our oldest is a boy. Then we had a girl who has special needs so now we have a first born son and first born dd with special needs. Then we had another daughter who is like a first born daughter as she is NT but she is also a middle child. Then we had another boy 7 years after the first so he although he is the second born son,fourth child and was the baby for five years.. Five years after him we had another son who is the baby,third son, and also like a first born as there is no one close his age.Got that all figured out?LOL! I don't put much stock in all of that!