Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Expansion

Let's see, on Feb. the 7th I had a meeting with Westfalia/Surge representative. Bruce Thompson, Darrell Carol, and Rick Warren came. My dad was here as well. We met for 2-3 hours in the afternoon discussing what my goals are and what I want to do. In a perfect world where money isn't an issue what would I do? Well, I said, I would milk 4-500 cows and put in a 24-26 stall rotary parlor. They say rotary parlors cash flow very well. They made a few suggestions and I liked what they had to say. Going into debt doesn't scare me too much but it could. It will be a very interesting process. I haven't decided what I am doing for sure. I know now that if I expand I will have to buy cows to support the expansion.

1 comment:

nstrite said...

My cousin has just finished his second rotary dairy here in GA. I'm sure he'd be glad to talk about it if you want. It's been 20 years since I've milked a cow. I think that's a good thing. :)