Thursday, January 10, 2008

Expansion

This evening Darrell Carol stopped by on his monthly supply run. I told him about my expansion idea and that I had a few thoughts concerning baby calf housing and I wandered what his opinion was. He promptly told me I should go with him down to Van-Derhyde dairy and see their operation. So I did. They are milking 1000 cows 3x a day. They have a 36 stall rotary parlor, very nice setup. For calf housing they use a greenhouse. I really like the way this looks and I think this is what I am going to do. It had a vented roof for air flow as well as moving stale air out of the barn. I couldn't smell a thing in this vented barn. They had another house they put up which they didn't put the vent in the roof. I was amazed at the difference. I have made up my mind on this one...

No comments: