Friday, December 08, 2006

Merry Christmas

This is for those of you who are not on our mailing list.

Merry Christmas
I have slowly come to the realization that this merry letter should be written. I will try to give you some of the more interesting facts from the past twelve months. Like most years this one began in January but since the writer is unable to recall what actually happened in January… He will indeed need to jog his memory for any facts that may interest the reader. It appears that this letter may be rather short. Hmmm let me see….
Ah yes, lets begin with work. My long time employee, Lyndon Yoder, decided to pursue a different occupation. This caused me great pain and stress in two areas. One, he was a great employee and two; I had to find a replacement. This turned into quite an ordeal. After several months of searching I found the best replacement possible. Lyndon’s father, Ernest Yoder, better known as Sonny, agreed to come and work for me. However, he was unable to start working until July 1st. Lyndon’s last day was February the 28th. I found myself working alone until June when school ended and my brother Jon was able to relieve me of some chore duties. In July Sonny started and I have found him to be extremely helpful. He has worked on a farm all of his life and knows more about it then I do.
Let’s see… Oh yes, I almost forgot. Okay that’s a lie, I didn’t forget. I am still singing with Voice Of Praise. In July we recorded another album. 2007 is VOP’s 20th anniversary and we thought it would be fitting to do a Reunion album. We are also planning to go on a Reunion tour in July.
Oh my, I almost forgot this, seriously. We have been remodeling the home place. This project began in May and we are getting so close to finished I can taste it. We are hoping to move between Christmas and New Years day. This project has brought me very close to an emotional melt down. Well, that is an exaggeration but it has been a lot of work. I am really good at demolition but rebuilding is not one of my strong points. So I did the demolition and several fellows from church have done the rebuilding.
I think that might be all… No wait… I think I forgot my family. No, I didn’t forget them I just wanted you to think I did.
Sierra: Wow, she turned six this year. I find this hard to believe. She started school this year, home school. She is very sharp and picks things up easily when she wants to. She doesn’t enjoy math but does find science and social studies very fascinating. She has found birds very interesting creatures.
Aleya: My energetic three year old. She is an amazing imitator and does everything her older sister does. She is definitely a girl and loves to play with dolls but she is also an animal lover and gives our cat, Cup Cake a very rough time occasionally. The other day she was trying to hit the calves with a stick and yet couldn’t understand why they would not let her pet them.
Jayden: Jayden turned one in May and is our cuddle bug. Jayden is also an animal lover and enjoyed the dog, Blackie, until Blackie got to close to our van wheels.
Jackson: Jack is quite a bit like Aleya when it comes to the energy department. Jack loves to race around and appears to be going close to 100 mph at times. Jack turned one in June and his most recent hobby is singing. He will sit and sing and I must say he is very good for 1.5 years old.
Rachel: I find it very difficult to cram all of her amazing accomplishments into one small paragraph but alas, this I must do. She is my wife, which takes quite a bit of time and energy, then we must add school teacher, home maker, mother, Dr./nurse, taxi driver, diaper changer, and a host of other things. I fall in love with her more every year.
Well, I have run out of room and must bid you adios. I trust that you will find peace in the One who came to break our oppression.
Shalom

No comments: