Monday, June 04, 2012

The Most Important Thing

Over the last three years I have slowly come to realize what the most important thing is. Perhaps I have known it a long time but it didn't really sink in.  I was in the middle of, what I would consider, a huge building project.  This project was moving about as fast as a glacier.  I made phone call after phone call leaving messages.  Trying to get some sort of take on what the builders status was. When was he coming?  Was he coming?  We need to get this done.   I wasn't ready to "dump the builder" I liked him and he did good work.  I was really struggling with how to be a Christian in the middle of the headache and aggravation, ok, I may as well be honest and call it anger.  I came to this  realization.  Six  months after the barn or project is completed and we move the herd moved into the barn I will have forgotten all the grief, pain, aggravation and anger that went with it.  But, six months after the project was complete I knew the builder would remember what kind of person I was.  If I was unable to rise above the circumstances and live in peace he would remember this and never do business with me again.  Worse than that it would affect his view of Jesus.  One of the questions I still continue to struggle with in these situations is how should a Christian deal with these issues.  I am speaking specifically about business deals.  How does Jesus affect the way you do business? 

No comments: