Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pit-Y-Full

Sunday night I was getting the cows in when I heard this splash. I knew, right away, what it was and I wasn't happy. An animal had gone for a swim in the manure pit. So, I get this board and poke her and she lunges around. She finally gets out of my reach. So I toss my board out on top of the manure and walk out on the board. I poke her some more. During one of my pokes I lost my balance and fell in the manure. Once again I wasn't happy....
About that time she decided she had had enough of this swimming lesson and I was able to direct her attention to the open gate.
Now, I wasn't covered from head to toe but I was covered from toe to waist or so.... What a mess...

3 comments:

Glen Zehr said...

... and quite a smell! :-)Rachel

Unknown said...

If only someone would have captured it on video. Then we all could have enjoyed it!! Lauren

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am laughing so hard....I can just see you!! Do you have a washer in the barn??? And a shower??