Monday, June 23, 2008

Weed Pulling

My wife and I were pulling some ornery weeds out of a flower bed this evening. My wife has an aversion to dirt. She always weres gloves when she is working with or in the dirt.
Sierra was playing with Aleya and she must of tired of their project, washing the swing set, because I heard her tell Aleya she was going to go help Daddy and Mamma. Sierra went in the house for a few seconds before coming to help us. When she arrived she was proudly wearing a pair of my wifes gloves. So I went on this little schpeal(sp?) about how much more fun it is to weed when you can get your hands all dirty and you can play in the warm dirt. Before I finished talking she was pulling here gloves off and gleefully pulling weeds... Rachel said Sierra told her that "I am gong to go wash my hands. I don't like the feel of dirt under my finger nails..." So, how many of you wear gloves when pulling weeds

2 comments:

treasures said...

Umm, I do... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Glen. I like to feel the dirt, even if I do have to wash the dirt out from under my fingernails later. :) Gloves are just a hindrance, in my opinion!