Sunday, September 02, 2007

Southern Gospel

I found a southern gospel station the other day, JOY FM 106.6. I am not a big southern gospel fan but I did enjoy listening to the songs for a little while. Something did catch my attention and I found it very fascinating. Someone was doing a show and they were interviewing someone. (I can't remember his name.) He is a pianist and is blind. He was born blind. He made the statement that he can listen to a song one time and then play it. He said that sometimes he will need to listen to it twice to get the more intricate things. This man plays on Bill Gaither's homecoming concerts as well as for another group. Can anyone tell me his name? I would like to do a little Internet research and see some more information on this gentleman. God has given him an incredible gift of memory.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Let's see...so far we have eliminated two people. We know it is not Glen Zehr or Merle Burkholder. That leaves a little over 6 billion more people to check out.

Actually his name is Gordon Mote. His website is Gordonmote.com.

You are fortunate, or lucky, because he has a concert in Lynchburg, VA on September 15.