Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Who Am I

Here is something I have pondered over the last several months. I wonder what kind of a person you think I am. I realize this could be a very risky question but I ask it anyway. Those of you who do not know me have developed an opinion concerning my personality, honesty, marriage, work, my whole life. So who do you think I am? Then are those of you who know me and have talked to me once or twice. You have formed an opinion of me also. Then their are those of you that know me very well. You are the people I work with, go to church with, live with, extended family, etc. I wonder what you think. Is the image this blog portrayes accurate? Or have I painted a false picture of who I am? I wonder....

On another more earthy note. We finished hauling chicken litter today and are hoping to start disking and planting in the morning. I managed to get the manure truck stuck twice in a row how distressed I was....
Anyway and so forth this is who I am, I think...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but my perception of you is that you're an honest guy; the type of person who would make a good long-term friend; a guy who would drop everything to help someone in trouble. I think you may have a tendency to spread yourself too thin at times which could end up being a problem in the marriage dept. You live in a situation which is increasingly rare in our society; you work in close proximity to your family which allows you greater contact with its members and makes it easier to feel that you and your spouse are working toward common goals. You and Rachel each have full and busy schedules, and that's ok as long as you each make a point of being available for each other when things get overloaded on either side. I think that when too much is taken on and that availability is limited, tension increases - so a balance needs to be conscientiously maintained. (It's very easy for me to pontificate like this - my life is a mess!) But, a healthy trust in the Lord is a great stabilizer, and I sense that in you as well. You seem to be a thinker, and have an awareness of others. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Glen Zehr said...

What makes you think my life isn't a mess??? You are right, I do tend to be spread to thin and find it very difficult to say no to people... HOwever, I also tend to be very self centered....
I appreciate your time and your positive evaluation.

Anonymous said...

I agree that you are an honest person. I also realize you have a big heart. You care deeply for people. You are willing to listen to people. Your not afraid of others exposing who they really are. That enables people to trust you; they know you are going to be able to handle what they need and want to say.

God bless you on your journey.
jy