Sunday, October 08, 2006

National Church Attendance

We sang at Crystal Hill Southern Baptist Church this morning. They had a carry in after the service. In the past these meals never quite live up to the traditional Mennonite carry in. The food is cold 9 times out of 10 and today was no exception. However, it was much better than most and the desert table was heavily laden.

On the way home my mind was wandering and I asked my brother this question. I wonder what percentage of the people in our nation attend church Sunday morning?" Of course we don't know the answer. I also mentioned that a lot of people go to church. He responded with "Their are a lot of people who don't go to church." So, this conversation wasn't very helpful in answering one of life's persistent questions... (I stole this last line from Prarie Home Companion)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Glen,

Here is one answer to your question:

How often do you attend church or synagogue -- at least once a week, almost every week, about once a month, seldom, or never?
Based on 11,050 interviews conducted 2002-2005

%

Once a week 33

Almost every week 12

Once a month 15

Seldom 28

Never 13