Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chicken Litter

We have been trying to haul some chicken litter from a chicken farm about five miles from our place. We have been putting roughly ten tons on the truck. As you can see the truck wasn't up to the job. I was dumping a load and the box fell off of the truck. I thought it was kinda funny... The girls were with me when it happened. The truck rocked some but I didn't think it was very scarry. However, Sierra told me later that her legs were shaking. Evidently the rod had bent at the pivot point and the rail slid off of the rod. The rest of the welds had broken over the past 30 years and because the load was heavy to the drivers side the box leaned over. I was totally helpless, there was nothing I could do, it just fell off of the truck...

No comments: