Friday, May 04, 2007

Life and Rain

I am amazed at how much my daily activities revolve around rain. What I do depends on the rain. For instance, I have thirty acres of corn to plant but because we were so dry I decided to wait. It started raining in earnest about 2:30 yesterday afternoon and was still raining when I finished milking at 5:30. A beautiful, slow drizzle which allowed many drops to soak into the ground instead of racing in a mad torrent for the streams and rivers. Because of the lack of rain I have been somewhat relaxed at work. I must admit I was beginning to feel somewhat agitated about the lack of water falling from the sky. We tend to live in a very dry spot. In the summer I spend a lot of time thinking things like If only it would rain one more inch it would finish this crop. How does rain effect your daily activities? Or do you have an office job and you don't really care whether it rains or not?

2 comments:

Momof3 said...

Since Vernon works in a hospital, rain doesn't bother him there. Only when he's walking to and from his car at ASU.

Glen Zehr said...

So, then he doesn't have much use for it....
Except for the farming in his blood....