Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Facts Of The Case

For those of you who do not know what happened and don't understand what happened here is what happened. It all began several years ago with our struggling sweeper cord. It had developed a short in the cord which I fixed. Here is how I fixed the cord. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a plug. I then cut the wire and used the plug to reconnect the wire. So, now we have a plug to plug the sweeper into the wall and another plug close to sweeper. When I wired the plug I put the male end on the wall side and the female end on the sweeper side. So, when Kaiden was playing with the cord he managed to pull it apart and put the male end in his mouth. Unfortunately, it was still plugged into the wall. He had pulled apart the plug where I had fixed the short. If I had used the female end on the wall side he probably would not have been burned as bad but I don't know for sure. Hopefully this will clear up any confusion on how this actually happened. He wasn't playing with bare wires. I had trouble figuring out right at first. This makes sense. If you look at the early pictures you can see where the prongs touched his lips. He put it in his mouth upside down which explains why the upper lip is in worse shape then the lower lip....

No comments: