Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh Crumbs....


So, I noticed this spot on my finger. It was feeling and acting like a pimple that was ready to pop. But, being the man that I am, I tried popping it anyway with very little success. It kept hurting so I starting putting stuff on it. Within 24 hrs I was able to "pop" it. But this didn't fix the problem. It didn't really get worse but it wasn't getting better. Then today the back of my hand started hurting and by 7 this eveing my finger was so swollen. I couldn't believe it. So I was told in no uncertain terms I needed to go see a Dr. So I went. And, what do you know, it's infected. DUH...
Anyway, I finally figured out what actually happened. While I was washing down after helping Marshal finish up the milking tonight, I noticed a major spider web. This spurred some spot in my mind and I recalled an incident on Thursday morning, a week ago, where I was walking through a bunch of spider webs on my way to get the cows. I also remembered that one of the pests lodged in my hair. I also remember a sting on my finger and I distinctly remember giving it the shake. So, apparently this is a spider bite gone bad... Or good if your the spider I guess....
I am currently on antibiotics and I feel better already. Allthough I have enough Ibuprophen in my system to feel good until late March so maybe that doesn't mean much....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: