Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rats

Last night, on our date night no less, I rear ended some fellow. I was busy gawking out the window and wasn't paying attention. Our van wasn't messed up at all but it did mess up the other guys rear bumper and knocked his muffler loose. I was going to get him to get some estimates and I would call my insurance company and take care of it without calling the cops but no he was on the phone quick as a wink and wouldn't even talk to me. I told the policeman what happened and that it was my fault. He thanked me for my honesty and then charged me with driving to close. Oh well, their went my good driving record where wrecks are concerned. 17 years without an accident isn't so bad....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure it was 17 years?
Paul

Glen Zehr said...

Well, Unless I have a bad case of amnesia. I started driving when I was 15.8 and I will be 34 in a month or two. Actually it is a little longer than that. I have been involved in accidents but none of them were my fault. Actually I can only think of two of those. Why, do you know something I don't know?

Glen Zehr said...

Ah, Paul, my wife just reminded that I ran into the back of a UPS truck with your little blue car. I had forgotten all about that....
Amnesia for sure....

Momof3 said...

Ignore my question on a later post about whether you'd had a wreck or not.....I hadn't gotten down to this post yet....I was reading most current to oldest this time.......my bad.

Anonymous said...

yes yes one never knows when It might be a wreck for ones self .
today we droped a floor on ourselves.
squish pretty much.
but no broken bones.
Paul